Data Analyst - Mississauga, ON
Pure Technologies offers state of the art remote monitoring to ensure structural integrity of some of the world’s largest bridges, buildings, and prestressed pipelines. Accurate analysis and management of the resulting data is of utmost importance to the owners of such civil infrastructure.
Our engineers and physicists maintain the systems, analyze the data and provide owners with continuous on-line updates on the condition of their infrastructure. Our specialist engineering subsidiaries help owners to make sense of the data. They provide inspection and assessment expertise, and develop cost-effective management and maintenance strategies to prolong the life of valuable assets.
The position requires the successful candidate to be responsible for the analysis of electromagnetic data utilizing various state of the art proprietary software and techniques.
- Interpret and digitize pipeline engineering drawings.
- Perform correlation of electronic database with electromagnetic pipeline inspection data.
- Using the electromagnetic inspection data, identify pipes with defects related to broken wire breaks and perform a detailed analysis of the wire break related signal.
- Produce technical reports based on the analysis of an electromagnetic inspection of a pipeline.
- Work closely with project team to: understand full scope of a project; obtain all required project information and schedule; and resolve any concerns or problems with the inspection data.
- May be required to assist with field inspections and on-site analysis and presentation of results to clients.
- May be required to travel.
Qualifications / Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Organized and able to prioritize various tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Methodical and analytical with problem solving situations.
- Dedicated with meeting deadlines.
- Customer relation skills when dealing with project inquiries.
- Ability to work well independently but effectively as part of a team.
Required Education and Experience
- Physics or Engineering Degree is required.
- Knowledge in electromagnetic and/or acoustic testing a plus.
- Experience in non-destructive testing data collection and data analysis a plus.
- Experience with pipelines in general a plus.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- An aptitude for pattern recognition and excellent attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Customer service experience/attitude is essential, with experience of client contact in previous positions an asset.
The company offers an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefit plan, after successful completion of evaluation period.
Share This Career