Project Engineer/Technologist - Calgary, AB
Pure Technologies is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss.
From our corporate headquarters in Calgary, Canada, our engineers and physicists research and develop new technologies, deliver the projects, analyze the data and provide owners with continuous on-line updates on the condition of their infrastructure. Our specialist engineering subsidiaries help owners to make sense of the data. They provide inspection and assessment expertise, and develop cost-effective management and maintenance strategies to prolong the life of valuable assets.
Pure’s clients are located throughout the world and include owners and operators of water, wastewater, oil & gas pipelines, bridges, buildings, and other structures. Some of our proprietary innovations include SmartBall®, an acoustic leak detection system for pipelines, SoundPrint® AFO, a distributed fibre optic acoustic system for monitoring deterioration and damage in pipelines and bridge cables, and PipeDiver® a free swimming tool for inspection or large diameter water and wastewater pipelines. For more information on our company, visit our website at www.puretechltd.com
The successful candidate will support the Operations Group in the planning and implementation of SmartBall® inspections in Oil & Gas, and water and wastewater pipelines.
- review of pipeline drawings, other system information and specifications
- communication with clients and project stakeholders to plan and facilitate inspections using Pure’s Technologies
- project planning
- hands-on inspection of oil & gas and water and wastewater pipelines including non-destructive testing and condition assessment using our proprietary SmartBall® Leak Detection tools.
- data and signal analysis of acoustic information
- supporting various engineering operation needs
- report writing
- Significant travel throughout North America is required and occasional international may be required
Other essential skills
- strong project management
- problem solving
- effective time management
- mechanical aptitude
- knowledge in the oil & gas and water industry specifically relating to pipelines
- commitment to safety
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering discipline. Or Diploma in Engineering Technology.
Minimum 2 to 4 years field experience in oil & gas or construction or engineering consulting background. Project management experience would be an asset. Experience operating high tech tools and equipment in the oil & gas industry would be an asset.
The successful candidate should be interested in international and domestic travel and culture, be a practical problem solver, a good communicator, have hands on field experience, adapt well to new surroundings, have leadership skills, and enjoy responsibility. They should be an outgoing, engaging, and energetic looking to rapidly accelerate their career in an exciting new environment. Applicants must have a valid passport and able to travel internationally.
Salary is negotiable. The company offers an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefit plan, after successful completion of evaluation period.
Share This CareerTweet