AFO Site Operator/Engineer
Position Title: Operator/Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Pure Technologies is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss.
SoundPrint® AFO technology continuously monitors the acoustic activity of various pipelines, bridges and structures. In pipelines SoundPrint® AFO identifies acoustic events associated with the failure of prestressing wires. SoundPrint® AFO continuously tracks the condition of each pipe in the line and reports the time and location of breaking prestressing wires. Thus acoustic monitoring can identify actively deteriorating pipe sections and determine the rate of deterioration.
This continuous monitoring and assessment requires the collaboration of our engineers and technicians to ensure the on-going integrity of the system. Pure is seeking highly motivated individuals to contribute to this team by providing support to the numerous monitoring sites worldwide.
The successful candidate will support the Engineering Operations group in the ongoing remote site maintenance and optimization of acoustic monitoring sites located across North America. The candidate is responsible to ensure that the AFO systems they operate are working as effectively as possible and report timely, accurate information within the established standards.
- System performance of remote pipeline monitoring sites
- Remote analysis and troubleshooting of site performance
- Management of site optimization and system parameters, ensuring reliable and accurate data acquisition
- Quickly addressing and resolving all site concerns
- Facilitate communication between analysis group, field staff and the client
- Perform maintenance on existing systems as required, and testing of new equipment before on-site installation
- Maintain site documentation and records
- Analysis of data trends to aid in the identification of concerns to the Pure Engineering Services group
- Review of pipeline drawings, inspection data and client runsheets to develop graphical mapping display of acoustic information and pipeline attributes
- Data and signal analysis of acoustic information
- Support various engineering operation needs in the design and installation of new monitoring sites.
- Commissioning of new monitoring equipment
- Coordinate and support fieldwork related to site issues and pipe repairs
- Regular communication of site operation information to project team
- Occasional travel throughout North America may be required
- Good project management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Effective time management and organization
- Able to prioritize and task driven
- Diligent, detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Some pipeline construction background or knowledge
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of GIS to assist in the development of spatial mapping and geo-referencing of pipeline information is an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in project management, technical engineering consulting, or related background
- Experience with pipeline mapping and construction laysheets and drawings an asset
Education: Diploma or degree in Engineering Technology or related engineering discipline
Pure Technologies offers a competitive benefit program that includes:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Prescription drug card
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Employee stock purchase plan (company match after 1 year of employment)
- Paid vacation
Only applicants with relevant experience and qualifications will be contacted.
Share This Career